Grant of Arms

The Worshipful Company of Fletchers received its Grant of Arms on 12 October 1467.  This was made to the Fletchers’ Company by William Hawkeslowe, Clarenceux King of Arms (an officer of Arms at the College of Arms, London).  This is the Fletchers’ oldest piece of property and gives them the right to bear the coat of arms described in the document.  It left the Company’s possession at some point and was repurchased for £5 5s in 1880.

More in this category: « La Fleche Stained Glass Window »